Experienced Representation For The Failure Or Delay In Diagnosing A Heart Attack
According to the American Heart Association and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), coronary artery disease, the most common type of heart disease, is the No. 1 killer of Americans. Because of the seriousness of this disease, afflicted people trust their doctors to diagnose and treat heart attacks correctly. Unfortunately, our medical malpractice lawyers often see severely injured clients because of medical negligence related to heart disease and congestive heart failure. Improper diagnosis or a failure to perform a proper workup in a cardiac case can have devastating consequences.
At Kampinski & Roberts, LPA, our skilled medical malpractice lawyers work to ensure that when cardiologists and primary care doctors are negligent, they are held accountable for their failure to diagnose heart disease. Our Cleveland attorneys have spent their lengthy careers fighting for malpractice victims and working to obtain the maximum compensation for injured people. You can schedule your free consultation with our knowledgeable staff by calling 440-569-6846.
A Long History Of Success For The Victims Of Malpractice
Our aggressive litigators have the skills, knowledge and network of experts to help clients pursue the best possible outcomes for their heart attack-related cases. These highly complex cases require us to work closely with subject matter experts to prove that the medical professional violated the standards of care while diagnosing and treating a heart attack. With years of experience, our attorneys create comprehensive and personalized strategies based on this expert testimony, helping clients move toward favorable outcomes.
We have helped many clients with their cases related to failure to diagnose or treat heart disease, including:
- More than $16 million in total recovery, including a $9.53 million verdict: Numerous errors occurred during a patient’s heart valve surgery, including placement of an incorrect heart valve.
- $10 million settlement: A 46-year-old executive died of a heart complication while receiving chemotherapy.
- $3 million verdict: A hospital was found liable after surgeons mistakenly burned a hole in the artery of a 69-year-old patient undergoing a triple bypass heart surgery, which caused her death.
- $1 million settlement: A hospital and doctors were liable for failing to provide an adequate workup for a patient who presented cardiac symptoms. He was released primarily because of his young age, despite a strong family history, and subsequently died.
- $1 million settlement: Policy limits were paid after a patient died due to failure to diagnose her pulmonary embolism.
- $585,000 settlement: A 32-year-old patient presented to two different emergency rooms with cardiac symptoms was diagnosed both times with musculoskeletal disease. Two weeks later, he suffered a fatal heart attack. Had his cardiac condition been properly diagnosed, it could have been surgically repaired.
- $501,200 verdict: A hospital, the treating physician and a pacemaker manufacturer were found liable following the placement of a defective pacemaker and the hospital’s failure to diagnose and treat the decedent’s coronary artery disease.
- $500,000 settlement: A hospital and physicians failed to diagnose the patient’s aortic dissection in a timely manner.
- $500,000 settlement: A patient died following the administration of inappropriate sedatives during the placement of a pacemaker.
Get The Skilled Legal Help Your Case Deserves
Our medical malpractice attorneys take immediate action to help the victims of negligence get the assistance they need to move forward with their lives in a positive direction.